A roadtrip through Flanders Fields.
Experience the unique feeling of Cruising through Flanders Fields on a Vespa.
Rent a Vespa or a scooter and follow our guide on a search for traces in the landscape of ’14-’18.
Relaxed and nothing on your mind but enjoying the beautiful sights, whilst listening to the stories of the First World War, over the intercom, by a historian on a motorcycle.
Vespa Tours per hour or daytrips
– Ypres Salient
(incl. a visit to Pilkem Ridge, Hooge Crater Museum, German ‘student’cemetery Langemark, the centre of Ypres, Menin Gate and the Last Post)
– the Battle of Passchendaele 1917
(incl. Tyne Cot Cemetery and, by choice, a guided visit to the Zonnebeke MMP17, Memorial Museum Passchendaele 1917)
(incl. the Trench of Death, Long Max and the German Cemetery of Vladslo – Käthe Kollwitz)
– the story of the Flooding of 1914 – through no man’s land
(from the floodgates of Nieuwpoort to far behind allied lines – incl. a visit to brewery De Snoek)
– Plugstreet, Wijtschate and the Messines Ridge : underground operations and unexploded mines
(incl. a visit to the trenches of Bayernwald and the Pool of Peace)
– behind the front – nurses and refugees
(incl. a visit to Talbot House, Lijssenthoek and the brewery of De Snoek)
– the Battle of Polygon Wood
(incl. a visit to the Brothers-in-Arms Memorial and all regional ANZAC cemeteries)
2 days arrangement
– from the floodgates of Nieuwpoort to the battlefields of the Somme
(the full package – contact for details)
Cruise along the scooter roads of Flanders Fields and enjoy the views while listening to the stories via our brand new intercom system.
Free entrance tickets to warsites and trenches.
Choose your own scooter or rent a genuine Vespa to experience that unique feeling of Cruising through Flanders Fields.
Book your tour and pick a theme … or make a suggestion.
What to expect
– a tailor-made, bespoke scooter trip along the sites of your choice
– let our guide pick you up at the hotel or at your place of choice
– 3 hour, 5 hour, 8 hour or weekend trips – all is possible
– the guide is a certified WWI historian who knows the story behind every corner, every monument, every place and builds up a contextual story whilst touring
… and knows the best spots for a drink or a good meal.
– personal guidance and full support during the whole trip, by a local and experienced motorcyclist
– as well for individuals as for groups up to approx. 70 people
– brand new intercom system – drive, listen and enjoy the views (lim. 10 headsets)
– safe, secondary ’s cooter’roads only, chosen with a focus on the landscape
– heavy rain or engine trouble ? we’ve got a solution … our luxurious Hyundai H1 VAN (lim. 8 seats)
|VESPA’S AND SCOOTERS **||4u||6u||8u||daytour|
|2 persons, 2 vespas||256||344||400||576|
|3 persons, 3 vespas||304||416||480||704|
|4 persons, 4 vespas||352||488||560||832|
|5 persons, 5 vespas||400||560||640||960|
|6 persons, 6 vespas||448||632||720||1088|
|7 persons, 7 vespas||496||704||800||1216|
|8 persons, 8 vespas||544||776||880||1344|
|9 persons, 9 vespas||592||848||960||1472|
|10 persons, 10 vespas||640||920||1040||1600|
(*) free use of helmets and intercom (lim. 10 headsets)
(**) limited number of genuine Vespa’s ; book soon !